Places of Interest
- Cheese Trail – A delicious 15 member trail of artesian cheese producers
- Brewery Trail – Celebrate craft brewing in the Finger Lakes
- Exploring Upstate – project to chronicle all that makes Upstate New York a land of adventure. Check out the weekly blogs – Non – Wine Trail Seneca Lake – Non- Wine Trail Cayuga Lake or Non– Wine Trail Keuka Lake. Discover wineries also making grape juice, orchards pressing apple juice, ginger beer – lots of great information on places to explore.
- Cornell Botanic Gardens – Ian Merwin says, “ Plantations is a place of inspiration (rebranded as Cornell Botanic Gardens) – horticulturally, personally and spiritually. It’s a wonderful place to visit and just appreciate some of the really important things.”
- The Cornell Lab of Ornithology – The 220 acre Sapsucker Woods Sanctuary is open every day. Find trail guides, bird lists, exhibitions and great bird watching.
- Women’s Rights Museum – Discover how in 1848 five women changed the world with First Women’s Rights Convention.
- Corning Museum of Glass – Watch live glass making or make your own glass or explore 35 centuries of glass from ancient to contemporary.
- Rockwell Museum of Art – Art about America – the people, land, ideas that shape American through the eyes of American Artists.
- Ithaca Art Trail – Find painters, photographers, sculptors, print makers, ceramic artists, furniture designers, jewelers and glass artists.
- The Farm Sanctuary – The 175-acre New York Shelter is set amidst rolling green hills and forests, located next door to Sugar Hill State Forest, just west of Watkins Glen.
- Rose Hill Mansion – Experience a taste of life on this 19th-century estate that was once a working farm. Tours available.
- Watkins Glen State Park – Gorgeous natural beauty! Here you can find cavernous pathways and alien-like stone formations, carved into the escarpment at the southern end of Seneca Lake. This hanging valley is the oldest and most renowned State Park in the Finger Lakes region.
- Taughannock State Park – Amazing naturally beautiful and diverse hiking trails, stunning gorges and waterfalls.
- Finger Lakes National Forest – This amazing 16,211 acre forest is nestled between Seneca and Cayuga Lakes. The forest is over 30 miles of interconnecting trails that traverse gorges, ravines, pastures and woodlands.
- Robert E Treman State Park – amazing hiking/waterfalls and Buttermilk Falls, ascend a stairway that feels like it reaching for the sky.
- Watkins Glen International – Racing fans rev your engines! It’s all here.
What Our Guests Say About A Stone’s Throw…
“What a beautiful location! Friendly greetings from our hosts upon arrival. Fabulous décor in all rooms – those little extras make it seem special………Great taste treats for breakfasts, full marks for presentation! Thanks for a lovely B & B experience.” I & V ~ Ontario, Canada