Some of Our Favorite Things to Do + Area Tours
1. Take weekday afternoon scenic drive to Lodi Point on Seneca Lake. It is easy to find the perfect spot for a refreshing dip in clear waters while watching the sun go down.
2. Enjoy the beautiful Good Life Farm surroundings at Finger Lakes Cider House. Experience a variety of artisan ciders and do try the yummy, fresh food pairings.
3. Take a short drive Garrett’s Brewing Co. enjoy house crafted rotating beer in a large relaxing environment.
4. A short, scenic drive past Lodi Point Park, find an all Riesling vineyard at it’s best. Already hailed in the NY TImes as one of the best Riesling wines in the area. Boundary Breaks is a beautiful vineyard, set on the shore of Seneca Lake. Grab a bottle of wine,tasty Miranda cheese, find a picnic table and enjoy the amazing vista. If you stop by on a weekend, you can often find the owners, Bruce & Diane on hand for a chat.
5. While exploring one of the smaller waterfalls at Taughannock State Park…tip toe onto the flat rocks, unpack lunch and feel like you’re in the perfect setting on a postcard.
6. Explore the amazing plants and vistas at the serene Cornell Botanic Gardens. Follow by a short drive to exotic shops on the Commons and topping off the day with a wholesome meal at Moosewood Restaurant.
7. Go for an early Saturday morning excursion to The Windmill Farm and Craft Market, with over 200 vendors, and on the return trip – hike at Watkins Glen State Park for views amazing vistas and gorges – that are sure to enhance your peace of mind.
8. Eat at some of our favorite restaurants enjoying farm to table delicious cuisine – Dano’s On Seneca Lake , Stonecat Cafe on Seneca Lake both Hazelnut Kitchen, & Kindred Fare in Geneva , Ithaca’s Gola Osteria.
9. Enjoy a “Happy 2 Hour” late afternoon, delightful cruise or 4hr. Wine Tasting Cruise on Cayuga Lake – in Interlaken across from O’ Malley’s Cabin on the Lake. A great place to enjoy good food or just relax in an Adirondack chair & view the lake.
10. Enjoy the Ithaca Farmers Market at Steamboat Landing early Saturday or Sunday morning or Trumansburg Farmers Market Wednesday afternoons for farm fresh food, flowers, crafts, friendly conversation and great music
12. Two Goats Brewing Co. the owners description is best – ” a solar powered Brewpub on Seneca Lake with good beer, good beef and good people”. The lake view is AMAZING!
13. Bike or drive on the seemingly endless scenic highways – Routes 414, 89, 96 and 96a offering pastoral and lake views full of new sights and the freedom of the open roadways.
14. Traveling on 96 S? Stop in at Brews and Brats – great local beer, cider and wine.Add the huge bratwurst and you have it all.
15. Visit Skyland Craft Gallery– Rt. 414 – featuring unusual artwork by local artisans and walking along the Stone Medicine Circle in front of the gallery (had closed 2020 due to open again 2021)
16. Traveling on 96N find the grand Ventosa Vineyards offering lake vistas and Toscana Cafe offering light Italian food daily till 5 pm. A short distance away experience the 3 Brothers Winery (3 eclectic tasting rooms including a microbrewery and an expansive gift shop) & Zugibe Vineyards (a beautiful lake view) .
17. Imagine a guided horseback riding experience in the Finger Lakes National Park…..Yes! Exciting! Peaceful! Just Beautiful! D & K Ranch have friendly horses and knowledgeable guides.
18. A chocolate or lavender lover? An easy stop, while on the Seneca Lake Wine Trail. Consider visiting Rue Claire Lavender Farm and Chocolate Shop.
19. We love the local waterfalls and gorges that in the area. Enjoy a hike, picnic or just ponder the natural beauty of the area. Visit Ithaca.com has put together a wonderful list of links of many of the area waterfalls and gorges.
Area Tours Co +……….
- FLX Best Transportation (607) 441-9463 flxbestwinetours.com. Stacy comes with a great knowledge of wine having worked as Glenora Winery Tasting Room manager. Great hospitality and nice prices. Her tours service both Seneca and Keuka lake for tours…book early
- Charles Limo Service – He knows where to find quality wines and brews! More info. see our Three is Company Tour
- Pals Car Service offering wine tours and comfy transportation with great prices.Use discount code stone10 for 10% off. 315-420-1750
- Stompin’ Good Times – Knowledgeable Tour Guides – Comfortable transportation
Tour in Interlaken
- Lively Run Goat Dairy – Cheese tastings $6 includes all 12 cheeses. Bottle feed baby goats $15 can book on their website.
What Our Guests Say About A Stone’s Throw…
“Thank you for your hospitality, we had a wonderful time. Your property is so beautiful and we can feel the love you put into it. We’re so glad to have found this gem and look forward to coming again.” G & M ~ Cornell University